Okay, so youâ€™ve gotten the domain name you wanted from GoDaddy.com and you are ready to jump right in and get a site set up. Your next step then is finding a good hosting service. I recommend PowWeb.com. GoDaddy.com offers several different levels of hosting as well, but your best bet to get the most bang for your buck would be PowWeb.com.
PowWeb has a single plan which is loaded with all the services you would need by without having to upgrade your service plan to get them. Some of the finer points of hosting with PowWeb.com are:
- 300 GB Storage
- 3000 GB Transfer/month
- Free Domain Name [for the first year but we recommend GoDaddy.com instead]
- Unlimited Mailboxes [you can give all your friends and family email addresses which they can check online or via POP]
- 24/7 Tech Support
- Web based file manager [great if you donâ€™t want to use FTP]
- Unix Platform
- PHP and MySQL [with 75 databases!]
- SSL Secure Site for e-commerce [shared certificate] â€“ Start your online store with your choice of free shopping carts installed with the click of a mouse.
- Loads of free, easy to install programs like forums, content management for complete sites, galleries, shopping carts and lots more.
And you cannot beat their price for all these great services. Only $7.77 a month and if you check their site regularly they run specials all the time get your first year for as low as $5.77/month.